AvV was originally developed using the 1e Pathfinder system. Although we are not supporting that system any more, those files can still be found in this bundle.
- 54 Living Languages and a random table to determine your character’s homeland and starting language.
- 35 Extinct Languages and DCs for researching and deciphering them.
- Magical Languages and an overview of the three cultures of magic (Egyptian, Minoan, and Mitanni).
- A full color, highly detailed map of the campaign world!
- Plenty of information on the history and cultures of the setting
- Expanded realistic rules for learning and comprehension of language
- 4 characters from Amazons Vs Valkyries introduced as examples (Tora, Seyeh, Kara, and Padia).
- Sacred Languages, Secret Languages, Sign Languages, Rogue Languages, Trade Languages, and more!
- New feats for languages including Demagoguery, Polyglot, and Hyperpolyglot.
- 12 game seeds and plot hooks involving language
- Dozens of sample character names (and their meanings) organized by culture.
- Barbarian – the same one you know and love
- Huntress – alt. ranger with no spells
- Mystic – new arcane spell caster with several unique powers
- Priestess – new divine spell caster with some bard-like abilities
- Rogue – basically the same, with 1 new ability
- Soldier – alt. fighter with period appropriate training
New Skills: Occultism and Knowledge (tactics)
Deities and their Domains: Asgardian, Celtic, Egyptian, Gaulish, Olympian, Persian, Phoenician, Roman
New Priestess Domains: Agriculture, Arts, Fertility, Hunting, Lightning, Mirth, Moon, Prophecy
New Spells: Deadly Jolt, Moonbeam, Storm Cloud, Thunderbolts, Prophetic Vision
New Armors: Cardiophylax, Manica, Helm and greaves combo, Lamellar (3 types), Linothorax (2 types), Reinforced shields, Wicker shields, Wearing weapons (as armor)
New Weapons: Falx, Harpe, Kontos, Kopis, Makhaira, Pata, Plumbata, Sarissa, Scizore, Xyston
New Feats: The appendix offers some new feats for characters who prefer to do battle with no armor or clothing at all. These include: Jaybird, Naked Aggression, and Naked & Fearless
- 23 Heroic Bloodlines (Heracles, Perseus, Zal, Atalanta, Hippolyta, Yngvi, and more than a dozen others from Greek and Norse mythology).
- An overview of the Amazons Vs Valkyries Campaign Setting
- Summaries of the Volsung Saga, the story of the House of Atreus, the story of Wayland the Smith, and several other ancient legends
- A player’s map of the campaign world
- More than a dozen new abilities for characters such as Danger Sense, Guarded Stance, Twisted Thoughts, Warped Mind, Warrior’s Wisdom, and Wrath of Achilles
Within this file:
- The Banneret prestige class featuring the battle mastery special ability.
- The Amazon advanced class featuring the improved tactcial expert and bloodlust abilities.
- Spell List for the Banneret
- Knowledge (war)
Within this file:
- The Shield Maiden prestige class featuring the battle fury special ability.
- The Valkyrie advanced class featuring the greater battle fury and fatal destiny abilities.
- Spell List for the Shield Maiden
- Knowledge (war)
- Desert Dwarves: Descendants of Hephaestus who thrive in hot climates.
- Gray Dwarves: Repulsive little metalworkers with a severe aversion to sunlight.
- Fauns: Hedonistic and playful fairies who protect the wilderness from harm.
- Giant Kin: Extra-dimensional giants with an affinity for fire, earth, or ice.
- Savannah Gnomes: These gnomes live in burrows and love all beautiful things.
- Marsh Gnomes: Cheerful forest dwellers of the far north.
- Light Elves: Angelic sorcerers and servants of the Vanir.
- Nymphs: Ageless maidens with supernatural beauty and a kinship with the gods.
- The Champion of Martial Fury prestige class featuring the wrathful strike and regimented training abilities
- The War Spawn advanced class featuring the unyielding assault ability
- The Champion of the Impassioned Warrior prestige class featuring the impassioned and warrior’s ward abilities
- The Heartfire Sentinel advanced class featuring the ignite emotions ability
- 5 New Spells: battle fortune, inspire fury, spirit of war, war blessing, and warrior’s reflexes
- 4 New Magic Items: snakebite shield, Ares’ helm, gauntlets of war mastery, and spear of bloodlust
- 3 New Monsters:Hysmidaemon, Machaidaemon, and war birds
- 3 NPCs: One Son of Mars and Two Witches of Mars
- 1 Artifact: The Sword of Ares.
- fifteen new domains for followers of Egyptian deities including: